The quieter summer months are ideal for updating your information skills before the busier autumn months rush in.
Whether you’re preparing for academic courses, presenting at a journal club or researching patient care, the Library and Knowledge Service provides a range of teaching sessions that will help you:
- Find authoritative healthcare research to support patient care, service improvement, professional development and coursework
- Critically read research Randomised Control Trials and assess the evidence
- Learn how to use Twitter effectively for professional networking
- Use Endnote reference software to store and manage your references
- Critically appraise qualitative research to identify validity and bias
- Use reflective writing in your nurse revalidation NMC form
We offer expert instruction and guidance in our dedicated teaching rooms at our libraries at Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton and at the Princess Royal Hospital, Haywards Heath.
Book onto one of our scheduled courses at the Royal Sussex County Hospital or Princess Royal Hospital, or to arrange teaching at Mill View Hospital: http://www.bsuh.nhs.uk/work-and-learn/library-services/training-courses/